Friday, June 18, 2004

Caribbean News details- This is a column created especially for immigrants

Caribbean News details

Compiled By Felicia Persaud

This is a column created especially for immigrants concerned or unsure of issues pertaining to the U.S. Immigration Law. The column will answer some of our readers frequently asked questions and provide responses from qualified immigration attorneys and advocates lobbying for the U.S. immigration cause.

Q: My fiancé' was deported to Port Au Prince, Haiti in August of 2003. We plan to marry on soon in Haiti. We have been together for 3 years and he has 3 kids here in the U.S. from his previous relationship. I provide care for his children in his absence. However things are really hard and his children are in desperate need of their father. How can he come back?

A: It is advisable that you consult with an attorney, says Queens-based lawyer Dolly Hassan. His return will depend on the facts of his case, including the reason for his deportation, …. MORE

(The entire column is available at a nominal cost to publishers by contacting the writer at:

About the writer: Felicia Persaud is a New York-based journalist covering immigration and head of Hard Beat Communications. If you or someone you know has an immigration question, then email Felicia directly at or log on to Individuals can keep their anonymity if preferred, since questions will not be answered personally. Attorneys wishing to provide pro bono answers to questions are urged to kindly contact the writer.


Post a Comment

<< Home